Saturday, May 23, 2009




May 23, 2009


Hello Ward Gardeners
Hope your gardens are ahead of your weeds!! For those old time gardeners it is perfect weather to get in your dirt patch. For you new timers you need to get your veggies (with a stalk) into the ground now!! See my last blog for the list of veggies to plant now. Also you can plant any kind of seed now ( except for you that live in or up the canyon). I like to plant my vines in containers (see picture above) and move them out to the garden when they have at least 3-4 leaves on them, it is easier to control the watering and the weeds. It is best to water early or late in the day, not when it is hottest. The picture to the right is my volunteer lettuce patch and the one above that is a shot of my garden with lilac bushes in the background. If you want more info on container gardening call me or e mail me. I hope you are teaching your children and grandchildren to garden, it will stay with them all their life. Happy gardening and let me know how your garden is growing. Brother Glasgow 801-224-5967 or e mail me at sparky1947@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment